• Formation of the idea of robotic retail concept;
• initial drawings and concept modelling;
• checking the feasibility of existed technology to be applied into the concept
• provisional engagement with the University of NSW Sydney;
• attraction of angel’s funds;
• commencement of R&D, development of the scooping mechanism as the core of the concept.
• the scooping mechanism is developed and patent application initiated;
• development of the design of the Entire Robotic Retail Solution (ERRS or Robotic Ice Cream Bar);
• test of the equipment with following modification of such equipment to make it suitable for the purpose of the project;
• final design signed-off (design is registered with IP Australia)
• commencement of the manufacturing of the ERRS;
• Entire Robotic Retail Solution is manufactured and Factory acceptance test (controlled environment) is successfully passed;
• Occupation of the premises at the Federation Square and installation of the Entire Robotic Retail Solution (NISKA Robotic Ice-Crem Bar);
• Site acceptance test (final test stage before launching commercial operation of ERRS for the public);
• ERRS is launched for the public (19 September 2021) with ongoing operation;
• The ongoing Research and Development process of human-robot interaction;
• Discovering faculties of ERRS and immediate response by modification and alteration of software and hardware, ongoing improvement of the technology;
• Recognition of the technology in industry (Award, Finalist, Spain Speaker etc).
• Arrangement of appointments with prospective clients from all over the globe to inspect technology in Melbourne (due to pandemic all arrangements have been terminated indefinitely);
• next stage of technology validation is passed – fully unattendant retail mode in commercial environment (no shop assistant, only robots). Additional R&D of human-robot interactions during unattended retail. Unattended retail mode was tested from 01 January 2020 till 25 March 2020 (first lockdown imposed).
• this is the most difficult period for the company which is triggered by pandemic however multiple milestones have been achieved;
• The patent is registered with IP Australia and patent applications are submitted in other international jurisdictions (all IP rights are registered by 100% Australian entity);
• re-commencement of operation of the robotic ice-cream bar at Federation square after modifications introduced to adjust the technology for the COVID-era.
• execution of the Proof of concept and supply agreement with the Pilot customer from United Arab Emirates to introduce ERRS to the Middle East Market;
• dismantle the ERRS from Federation Square and substantial modification and localisation of the ERRS to suit the Middle East market and post’COVID epoch, including complete reprogramming of the point-of-sale system which is aligned with all financial regulations and requirements of the Muslim banking system;
• finalisation of substantial modification for the Middle East market and completed final Factory acceptance tests in Australia
• shipment of the Entire Robotic Retail Solution to the Middle East region
• registration of the Foreign Company Branch in the Masdar City Free Zone (yet to be finalised)
• installation in the Abu Dhabi Entire Robotic Retail Solution under the new brand QUOKKA Robotic Gelato to be yet finalised)
• Launching by independent Pilot Customer the commercial operation) of the Quokka Robotic Gelato (powered by NISKA technology) yet to be finalised)
• attraction of series B of investment for the rapid commercialisation of the technology at the Middle East region
• pursued registration of the IP rights (patents, designs, trademarks) in other international jurisdictions
• development of the new, cost effective and more commercially & technologically sustainable model of the ERRS and finalisation of the manufacturing.
• launching in commercial operation minimum 4 locations of Robotic Ice-Crema Bars under the QUOKKA robotic Gelato Brand
• organisation of the mass/semi-mass production of the ERRS